Director of Engineering and Public Works Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Engineering and Public Works to join our team.
- Coordinate and manage engineering work undertaken by consultants; and;
- Attend Council and other committee meetings as required; prepare and present reports on department projects;
- Oversee design work for engineering projects;
- Oversee and manage the long-term infrastructure plan for the City;
- Prepare and manage departmental and capital project budgets.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, and team-building skills;
- Have attained certification as a professional engineer (as recognized by Engineers and Geoscientists BC);
- Valid driver’s licence for the Province of British Columbia;
- Proven experience with budgeting, project planning, and project management;
- Proven experience in contract management and administration;
- Proven experience in a supervisory role;
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative manner with a wide range of stakeholders; and;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, policies, and regulations applicable to municipal engineering projects and services.