Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
web developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a web developer to join our team.
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards;
- Lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop website graphics, content, capacity and interactivity;
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the website;
- Work on multiple projects across the tech stack;
- Participate in the planning, development, and deployment of the management platform managing WHC’s services, clients, billing and automation;
- Collaborate heavily with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems;
- Support with troubleshooting issues and resolving them and support testing process;
- Review functional specifications and provide estimates of effort;
- Develop, design, modify and maintain the websites;
- As part of the core development team, implement new web applications in ASP.NET / C#
- Assist client with their development projects and provide estimates based on their requirements and needs;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within our production environment, as reported by our operations team;
- Write code that is maintainable and modular;
- Think long term and create technical roadmap for products or services;
- Optimize website speed and performance to achieve high ratings in third party measurement tools.
- An Agile/Scrum and test-driven LAMP stack developer with a 3+ years of experience in an agency or startup environment;
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies;
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience with building web applications;
- A keen eye for design and a love of translating mockups into pixel-perfect web pages;
- Previous experience and/or solid understanding of Drupal and/or WordPress is required;
- Knowledge of the hosting industry, including cPanel control panel and WHMCS a definite asset;
- Reliable, independent and able to work flexible hours with minimal supervision or direction;
- Takes ownership and proactively seek out bugs and fix them;
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and ability to implement best SEO practices when building websites for clients;
- Positive friendly demeanor, interpersonal with exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for learning;
- Takes pride in ownership; entrepreneurial;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in either English or French.