Systems Administrator II maintains and supports the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Administers, installs and troubleshoots a variety of operating systems. Being a Systems Administrator II performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades. Additionally, Systems Administrator II configures software and resolves technical problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. The Systems Administrator II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. To be a Systems Administrator II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Systems Administrator II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Administrator II to join our team.
- Help maintain security compliance and ensure that processes and procedures follow company and industry standards;
- Proactively maintain and expand working knowledge of industry trends and technical developments in related areas;
- Maintain documentation and processes around key infrastructure and services;
- Escalation point for high-priority, production-related issues;
- Provide excellent support, including clear verbal and written communications to both technical and non-technical people;
- Proactive and creative in identifying and addressing pain points through documentation, automation, scripting or redesigning existing infrastructure;
- Implement effective service monitoring, maintenance programs, and foundational system design with a global perspective;
- Participate in the activities of the local and global team, including development, support activities, and regular status and planning meetings.
- Must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and be able to break down and resolve complex problems;
- Deployment and administration of cloud-based services and infrastructure including for compute and storage;
- Cloud-native technology, tools and frameworks;
- Configuring network attached storage including backup and caching;
- Passionate and knowledgeable about enterprise IT security concepts, procedures and implementations;
- Able to break down complicated technical goals and projects into planned tasks and components;
- Broad knowledge of storage architecture, protocols and administration;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong customer service attitude and skills – passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through and owning issues to completion;
- Highly competent Linux administrator for both server and client side;
- Ability to automate workflows and extend services via scripting through Bash/Shell and Python or other languages;
- Remote desktop protocols and administration such as Teradici PCoIP;
- Focused and personable team player;
- Broad knowledge of network architecture, protocols and administration;
- Excellent documentation skills, including writing for both technical and non-technical audiences.