Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
Support Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Support Technician to join our team.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds;
- Work off an extension ladder;
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time;
- Read and write handwritten notes;
- To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process;
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures;
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon;
- To install, configure, and upgrade different types of IT hardware and software;
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities;
- Back and restoration validation for corporate clients;
- VMware and Hyper-V deployments;
- Windows infrastructure deployments;
- Hardware troubleshooting and diagnosis;
- Monitoring and validation of service tests;
- Windows malware cleanup and AV deployment (we are a Sophos partner).
- Excellent knowledge of customer service best practice with previous experience;
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V2) Customer Service Qualification. ECDL (or equivalent);
- VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI);
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing;
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English language and mathematics;
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative;
- Encryption Software (e.g. Truecrypt, BitLocker);
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role;
- Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s;
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques;
- Ability to plan and prioritize your workload without supervision;
- Previous experience of working with students or within an educational environment;
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.