Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
- Taking advantage of highly automated Continuous Integration environment to deliver high quality SW releases;
- Perform complex system level tests, enhance and resolve issues in existing codes and perform unit testing and integration testing;
- Work with our machine learning engineers to put cutting edge deep learning algorithms in production;
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications;
- Write design specifications and functional specifications for software architecture design;
- Regular cooperation with Intel engineering teams and experts across geos (GdaÅ sk, Silicon Valley and Montreal);
- Participate in code reviews with peers to ensure team alignment on deliverables and desired capabilities;
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause Support the code you write in production;
- Completing software analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation with little supervision;
- Provide detailed technical information to share with other internal teams;
- Work closely with, and understand client requirements for integrating the company’s software into their existing enterprise tools and processes;
- Regular cooperation with Intel engineering teams and experts across geos (Gdańsk, Silicon Valley and Montreal);
- Project-based contributions which may include building automation, enhancing plugins, product-based testing/QA with integrations;
- Excel in an agile environment overseeing multiple projects where the focus is getting the job done, not red tape;
- Manage and deliver on action items / follow-ups from services engagements.
- Experience with Embarcadero Delphi, C#, or other Windows rapid development tools;
- Troubleshooting and supporting ERP systems;
- Experience with complex SQL (dynamic, stored procedures and triggers);
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Scala, Java;
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Expertise in UNIX/Linux;
- Skilled with Angular and Ruby on Rails and understand it’s mechanics and conventions;
- B.S. or DEC degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Experience with test-driven development a plus;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to learn new technologies like Golang, React, Google Cloud Datastore, Elasticsearch;
- A plus Good understanding of events based applications Pub/sub principle;
- Solid understanding of API design and Object Oriented principles.