Senior Software Engineer – Big Data Platform Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Big Data Platform to join our team.
- Research, development and delivery of Data Engineering’s reliability model and framework;
- Offer Project delivery support, monitoring and reporting as required;
- Interact with project owners, data engineering team leads and related internal customers to collect and document technical requirements;
- Support the development and maintenance of data engineering guidelines, policies, standards and process narratives for in-scope business functions;
- Design and implement the data infrastructure platforms including the data ingestion, data consumption and stream processing on Google cloud;
- Contribute to the design, development and delivery of the team’s Data Enablement Program roadmap;
- Oversee the collection and analysis of key metrics and reporting dashboards to monitor enterprise data platform performance and reliability;
- Oversee at least one component of the enterprise data ingestion pipeline / data API within the organization’s Big Data platform;
- Drive and take responsibility for the quality of the development and delivery, also mentor and train team members as needed.
- Solid understanding and experience with any of the relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQLServer etc);
- Hands-on experience in data engineering with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets in production;
- 3+ years of programming experience in core Java/C# with solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Airflow, Google Cloud Platform and Google BigQuery;
- Experience with CI/CD and Behavior Driven Development is nice to have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related degree;
- Experience implementing and using streaming platforms such as SparkSQL, Flink, Storm etc;
- Deep understanding of large scale distributed systems, design patterns, and object-oriented design principles with good component and modeling ability;
- Experience with Linux, Docker and Kubernetes is nice to have;
- 3+ years of production experience with large scale distributed system such as Hadoop and Kafka.