DevOps Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a DevOps Developer to join our team.
- Help design, build and maintain the backend management systems that control our network of customer instances;
- Assist with onsite office IT needs;
- Identify inefficiencies within the build/deployment automation process and develop solutions for improvement;
- Help manage and monitor our cloud infrastructure and systems;
- Share on-call responsibilities with the rest of the team;
- Develop new standards for internal deployments, release management, cloud deployments, and containerization;
- Build and improve Infrastructure dashboards to promote visibility throughout Vanilla;
- Design and configure continuous integration and deployment pipelines for on-premises and cloud applications;
- Work with developers and support to continuously improve uptime of hosted service;
- Execute against a vision of continuous integration and delivery that empowers developers to drive a global engineering organization.
- Familiarity with web-centric server-side technology like nginx, php-fpm, haproxy;
- Knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes;
- Advanced development skills with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Bash, Java, C, C++ (NodeJS experience preferred);
- Expert knowledge in CI/CD automation and configuration management using tools such as Harness, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Bitbucket, Bamboo;
- Knowledge of and experience with systems administration, typically Docker; Unix / Linux; networking protocols; database administration; task running;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible;
- Strong server-management skills, including a high level of comfort on the command line;
- 3+ years PHP, MySQL, backend technology;
- Five or more years of progressively complex related experience;
- Knowledge and experience with running distributed systems in public cloud environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure.