Data Scientist Intern Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Scientist Intern to join our team.
- Develop new features for Machine Learning models and visualize features;
- Use SQL and Python to interact with Geotab’s big data infrastructure;
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve Geotab product suite;
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop new datasets and data driven solutions;
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions;
- Leverage learning packages like Scikit-Learn and Tensorflow to develop Machine Learning models.
- Experience working with Machine Learning algorithms and big data tools is an asset;
- Experience using Python;
- Ping Pong and Foosball skills always a plus;
- Within final two years of a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related field;
- Experience using SQL;
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and strong work ethic;
- Previous industry work experience preferred.