Data Analytics Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our team.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner;
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed;
- Writing queries and integration scripts that provide data services to analysts and data scientists;
- Supporting data discovery, data mining, and benchmarking of large data sets;
- Scoring and managing data quality across the data lifecycle;
- Document your work, in code comments, wiki documents, and customer-facing specifications;
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance;
- Supporting business intelligence and data visualization applications;
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems;
- Developing robust data pipelines that transform and analyze data;
- Data mining and processing using state-of-the-art methods.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, CNN, etc.;
- Experience with Apache Hadoop stack (Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Map Reduce);
- Experience and strong interest in data transformation, processing, and data analysis;
- Data cleansing – providing estimated data and other advanced cleansing techniques;
- Hands-on data mining, profiling, quality scoring, and analytics experience with large datasets;
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems;
- Experience with mapping business needs to engineering systems;
- Proven SQL capabilities;
- Data discovery – finding new insights in related data sets;
- Scripting and/or programming capabilities in Scala and Python.