Employment Counsellor (Float), WorkBC Programs Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Employment Counsellor (Float), WorkBC Programs to join our team.
- Assess potential clients’ program eligibility for the WorkBC program and refer ineligible clients to other appropriate community resources;
- Identify clients’ barriers to employment and make appropriate recommendations i.e. certification, vocational training.
- Able to build rapport with clients;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment;
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and organizational skills;
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database software, and able to operate standard office equipment;
- Tactful, discrete, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset;
- Conducting and interpreting clients’ needs assessments;
- Job coaching, counselling, or mentoring clients;
- Implementing action plans and monitoring progress to help clients achieve sustainable employment;
- Building partnerships with community agencies, employers and other stakeholders;
- Providing excellent customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment;
- Experience with Integrated Case Management (ICM) system will be considered an asset;
- Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset.