Senior Staff Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team.
- Supervise and assist accounting staff;
- Ensure strict confidentiality in performing all duties;
- Comply with all provincial and federal tax filing requirements;
- Maintain and monitor the company inventory system;
- Daily banking transactions, reporting and reconciliation;
- Analyze job costing on an ongoing basis and report to management;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets;
- Review accounts payable processes to ensure timely payment of invoices;
- Maintain the chart of accounts;
- Maintain the system of controls over the accounting transactions;
- Review accounts receivable processes to ensure timely collection of revenue;
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
- Assist in the implementation, documentation and maintenance of internal controls.
- Proficiency in Caseware and Taxprep (including T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 returns);
- Demonstrated ability to interact and maintain client relationships;
- Strong technical knowledge in ASPE and Canadian auditing standards;
- Experience in the preparation of Notice to Readers;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Canadian CPA firm;
- CPA designation required;
- Experience in the planning, execution and review of Review and Audit Engagements.