Employee Benefits Underwriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Employee Benefits Underwriter to join our team.
- Prepare all proposal, renewal documents and market representation reports for various funding models;
- Analyze data and multiple carrier proposals and make recommendations related to the best option for the client;
- Coordinate new business implementation with account management and implementation teams;
- Price new business opportunities as per established guidelines, processes and procedures;
- Develop and present solutions for various plan issues to consultants and internal partners;
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with carriers and Account Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary education (preference will be given to mathematical sciences, commerce or a related field);
- Preference will be given to individuals with group underwriting experience;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs;
- Proficient and at an advanced level with MSExcel and Word;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work through issues to come to an effective solution.