Project Manager – Construction oversees and directs all phases of a construction project. Designs and implements project plans. Being a Project Manager – Construction communicates directly with contractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Additionally, Project Manager – Construction requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a manager. The Project Manager – Construction manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Project Manager – Construction typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Construction Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join our team.
- Ensure quality construction standards;
- Assist, review and negotiate contracts, liaising with legal counsel, as appropriate, in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager;
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiate change orders with the Owner/Sub-Trades;
- Participate in Consultant meetings, monitor the process and provide Consultants minutes and distribute reports;
- Ensure that projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion;
- Supervise and coordinate the tasks of the project assistants assigned to the projects under their care;
- Act to resolve disputes between the Company and owner, or Company and subcontractors when possible prior to escalating;
- Review each project’s progress with the project staff as the project proceeds;
- Coordinate information flow with project managers as well as with the finance and legal departments;
- Develop, recommend and implement the project plan, after being awarded the project;
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to you;
- Ensure the coordination and tracking of worksite tasks with the Superintendent;
- Participate in the management and distribution of the labour force spread over various worksites;
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of worksite security.
- Bilingual – French and English;
- BAC in Engineering and membership in the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in management and project management;
- Understanding of Procore and AutoCAD software;
- Team player;
- Superior skills with MS-Project;
- PMP-PMI certification;
- Ability to lead several projects at the same time with tight deadlines;
- Superior abilities in negotiation and planning;
- Motivated to always strive for excellence;
- 8-10 years of Project Manager experience;
- Positive attitude;
- Advanced knowledge of construction management process;
- Excellent communicator who exhibits powerful leadership skills promoting harmony between work teams as well as the project’s evolution;
- Excellent time and project management skills.