Change Management Specialist enables organization to achieve greater flexibility and attain competitive advantages by leveraging its human capital. Conducts needs analysis and resource allocation studies to determine most effective use of human capital resources. Being a Change Management Specialist makes recommendations to top management based on research. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Additionally, Change Management Specialist requires a master’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to top management. The Change Management Specialist manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Change Management Specialist typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Change Management Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Change Management Specialist to join our team.
- Provide formal communication and status updates to Manager, project team, internal stakeholders and external partners.
- PMP certification, lean or six sigma training/certification, and experience in a regulatory or not-for-profit environment are assets;
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field or recognized equivalent;
- 2-5 years experience working in change management on complex programs and transformational change; IT change experience an asset;
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio);
- Certification in Prosci or other change management methodology;
- Team player who is highly service-oriented, motivated, positive and flexible, with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- 2-5 years’ project management experience in IT, process improvement, business transformation.