Seasonal Gardener Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Seasonal Gardener to join our team.
- Perform watering duties including but not limited to downtown planters and hanging baskets;
- Complete daily activity time sheets; Report on variances in daily work plans;
- Maintain turf in selected locations;
- Prepare all planting beds for summer including amending soil and planting annuals and perennials;
- Immediately report vandalism, mechanical difficulties and damage;
- Lead and instruct all support staff in the safe and efficient use, care and maintenance of tools and equipment, and horticultural practices;
- Propagate, grow and maintain various horticultural crops by various cultivation techniques;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Prepare various growing media prior to transplanting; gather, clean, and store stock plants.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Must obtain First Aid and CPR C certification prior to start date;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel;
- Must be a reliable self-starter and undertake all aspects of the job thoroughly and willingly;
- Effective communication skills, customer service, and problem solving skills;
- Proficient time management and record keeping skills, and flexibility in adjusting within a variety of duties;
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and understanding of tools, equipment, and procedures relevant to gardening/horticultural activities;
- Candidates will be required to pass a written technical examination relevant to the position as part of the recruitment process;
- A Structural Class licence for greenhouse rodent control would be an asset;
- Certifications in Forklift and/or Chainsaw would be an asset.