Cleaner: Relief Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cleaner: Relief to join our team.
- Welcome and interact with those accessing the program and be available and approachable;
- Provide support for other staff in emergency situations;
- Demonstrates an understanding of WesleyMission, Vision and Values through service delivery approach;
- Work with volunteers and staff in team approach;
- Acts with integrity;
- Believes, respects and adheres to the vision, mission and values of Wesley Urban Ministries;
- Responsibility for the quality and timeliness of their work, and team work;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Participate in unit/staff meetings;
- Operate various types of cleaning equipment to complete required tasks;
- Complete a daily, weekly, & monthly checklist of cleaning requirements in and around the facility;
- Responsible for keeping all areas in good order, well supplied and clean up to established health and safety standards;
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the code of ethics of working in social services;
- Adapts to changing program requirements, conditions and work responsibilities.
- Must be able to travel between various locations across the city;
- Two (2) years’ experience in maintaining the cleanliness of a similar facility;
- First aid and C.P.R. and Nonviolent crisis intervention training;
- Minimum high school diploma with further courses in janitorial, hygiene and infection control;
- Sensitivity to work in a culturally diverse program and the ability to work with marginalized persons;
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend hours as scheduled;
- Safe Food Handling Certificate.