Senior FX Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior FX Artist to join our team.
- Design, create and implement efficient methods, tools, and workflows;
- Design, create and implement high quality photo-real effects including Water, Fire, Smoke, Explosions, Clouds, Debris, Magical etc;
- Understand and work within the studio/show structure / pipeline;
- Work with TDs and Pipeline to improve FX processes;
- Follow the creative direction set forth by the production and communicated by the FX Supervisor and VFX Supervisor;
- Report regularly to the FX Supervisor for creative approval, technical or administrative concerns.
- Expert knowledge of, and proven ability to use Houdini and Maya to develop high-quality photo-real dynamic effects;
- Work with animation, lighting & compositing as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives;
- Follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones;
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge;
- 5+ years’ experience in Film/Television as an FX Artist;
- Experience with rigid body dynamics and particle systems.