Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
Animator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Animator to join our team.
- Take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unity;
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation;
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create animation sequences as assigned by the Director;
- Keep current on animation techniques and technology;
- Create keyframed gameplay animations;
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work;
- Block movement in rough animation, refine, and polish to completion in the final animation;
- Assist with and complete production-related assignments;
- Developing games that you yourself would want to play;
- Delivery of high quality in-game animations in a timely manner;
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders;
- Coordinate with designers to facilitate gameplay and programmers for implementation of tools and for scripting animations into game engine;
- Expected to “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots;
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project;
- Coordination with technical artist to work with character rigs and FX.
- Good organization and communication skills;
- Solid understanding of character posing, character animation lip-sync and camera composition;
- Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs;
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision;
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives;
- Able to adapt to multiple animation styles;
- Proficiency with Linux desired;
- Recommended to have post-secondary education in VFX, film, graphic design, animation, and fine arts;
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, lip-sync, and camera composition;
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure;
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player;
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas;
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design;
- Proficient in 3D animation packages;
- 2-3 years of experience in animation or film industry.