Project Engineer, Alternative Energy Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Engineer, Alternative Energy to join our team.
- Occasionally lead certain project activities, if appropriate;
- Support ongoing improvement in our engineering practice through professional development and quality management;
- Conduct feasibility studies for renewable energy and district energy projects;
- Monitor and report on the performance of existing heat pump and district energy systems;
- Review, inspect, and design heat recovery systems for commercial, institutional, and residential facilities, including central energy plants;
- Foster and maintain positive, long-term client relationships; and;
- Prepare proposals, cost estimates, and reports;
- Assist in preparing detailed designs for heat pump based hydronic systems.
- Experience in district energy or geoexchange is considered an asset;
- 2–4 years of related experience;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Strong research and technical writing skills;
- Experience in building mechanical design, particularly hydronic systems for heating and cooling in residential or commercial buildings;
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- EIT or P.Eng. designation in mechanical engineering;
- Strong verbal communication, organizational, and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to travel to various client sites either locally or on the Lower Mainland (and occasionally to other provinces);
- Experience in evaluating energy efficiency measures for building mechanical systems;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.