Mechanical engineer specialized in piping Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical engineer specialized in piping to join our team.
- Seal design documents and deliverables under his responsibility;
- Generate the specifications and estimates, participate in the design of the P&ID;
- Prepare plans and specifications based on guidelines within the framework of mandates related to mechanics;
- Participate in estimating the time required to perform engineering activities and in project follow-up;
- Perform mechanical and piping studies and calculations (stress analysis, flexibility, selection of supports) required for the design.
- Possess strong communication and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrate rigour and versatility;
- Experience in consulting engineering and/or manufacturing industries (an asset);
- Customer-oriented, autonomous and creative problem-solving skills;
- Be a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or able to be a member;
- Knowledge of CAESAR II, COSMOSWorks, COMPRESS, Simulation-FEA and MS Project (an asset);
- More than 5 years of experience (minimum 2 years of experience in industrial piping);
- Master ASME Codes 31.1 and 31.3 ASME Section VIII Div I (an asset);
- Possess skills in P&ID Interpretation;
- Master the Office suite (Word and Excel);
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.