Electrical Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Technologist to join our team.
- Build and install electrical control systems;
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Provide customer service including trouble shooting;
- Testing and commissioning;
- Work with 3rd Party authorities on field inspections & approvals.
- Knowledge and ability to program different types of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI);
- Ability to program PLC Systems, preferably OMRON and Schneider;
- Knowledge of equipment to select for field installations,
- 5 or more years experience in Electrical Technology manufacturing and installation;
- Ability to read technical drawings (e.g. AutoCad, SolidWorks) to mount electrical equipment according to design,
- Ability to properly select/size electrical equipment and conduits,
- Ability to create logic ladder diagrams for PLC;
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and guidelines (e.g. CSA, TSSA, NFPA),
- 2 year Electrical Technology diploma;
- Ability to create technical drawings (e.g. AutoCad) of the control system configuration,
- Knowledge of running wire, making connections and labeling;
- Knowledge of conduit construction and installation;
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives.