Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Design, program and commission industrial controls systems which include discrete & analog I/O, motion control, and networking;
- Support continuous improvement efforts;
- Design control panels, operator consoles and servo/VFD enclosures;
- Provide support to the Customer Technical Service department;
- Write code to control machine motion per requirements;
- Provide engineering support to customers;
- Design and commission industrial user interfaces (HMI’s);
- Problem solving and solution recommendation;
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers and drafters;
- Assist with training of internal and external customers;
- Support the testing and installation of equipment;
- Design, program and commission vision applications using industrial smart-cameras.
- 4+ years of HMI hardware, and ethernet communication networking (Factory Talk, Wonderware);
- Experience with Rockwell Software including RSLogix and FactoryTalk View;
- Willing to travel to customer sites;
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products;
- Previous experience with Rockwell;
- Knowledge of motion and timing;
- Mechanical, controls, and electrical system knowledge;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university;
- Field experience commissioning and servicing control systems, including PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s and servos;
- Self-starter, creative and problem solver;
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people both verbally and in writing, including presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and execute a plan;
- Automation/Allen Bradley products preferred;
- Ability to visualize concepts.